- How to follow:
- BBC local radio; live text commentary on the BBC Sport website
Already-promoted Newcastle must avoid defeat at Cardiff on Friday to keep their chances of winning the Championship title alive.
The Magpies are without winger Matt Ritchie as he begins a two-game ban for using abusive or insulting language towards a match official against Leeds.
Hosts Cardiff, in 13th with two games remaining, are at full strength.
Top scorer Kenneth Zohore is fit again after being rested for Saturday’s goalless draw at Wigan Athletic.
Newcastle captain Jamaal Lascelles and defenders Vurnon Anita, Grant Hanley and Jesus Gamez all have knocks and may not feature.
Defeat for Rafael Benitez’s side would secure the title for Brighton, but the Seagulls will ensure top spot anyway if they match or better Newcastle’s result when they host Bristol City on Saturday.
- After going unbeaten in their first 21 home league games against Newcastle between 1922 and 1981, Cardiff have lost each of their last four.
- The Magpies have won each of their last nine league games against Cardiff, scoring 24 goals while conceding only five in that period.
- Newcastle’s nine-game winning run against Cardiff is their joint-longest against an opponent in league football, also winning nine consecutively against Walsall between 1893 and 1961.
- Neil Warnock has not won a home game against Newcastle since a 3-0 victory as Notts County boss in April 1991, losing five and drawing one in all competitions since.
- Following their victory over Preston on Monday, Newcastle became 21st team to be promoted straight back to the Premier League in their first season after relegation.
- The Bluebirds have lost just once in their last 10 home Championship matches (W7 D2).
Source: BBC Football Read Original Article: Cardiff City v Newcastle United (Fri)