Barclays Premier League
Venue: The Hawthorns Date: Monday, 28 September
West Brom goalkeeper Boaz Myhill is set to return after Anders Lindegaard was given his debut in the midweek League Cup defeat at Norwich.
Head coach Tony Pulis is likely to bring back many of the players rested for that game.
Everton defenders John Stones and Seamus Coleman have knee and hamstring injuries respectively and will be given as long as possible to prove their fitness.
Forward Kevin Mirallas is suspended.
MOTD commentator’s notes
“I witnessed West Brom’s win at Villa Park last weekend and naturally Saido Berahino grabbed the headlines.
“However, it was Jonny Evans who caught my eye. He marshalled the defence and showed leadership qualities in a resilient display.
“A combination of misfortune and lack of discipline were two major reasons why Evans only made 17 appearances for Manchester United last season.
“The Northern Ireland international will benefit from regular first team football and will thrive under Tony Pulis.
“Both sides boast excellent defensive records in the league which suggests a tight game is in prospect, and after three draws in their last four meetings, I wouldn’t be surprised to see another.”
What the managers say
West Brom head coach Tony Pulis on Salomon Rondon:
“We’re just hoping he gets a bit more luck in front of goal, but it doesn’t seem to affect him. He doesn’t seem that type of character.
“Nothing seems to faze him, he’s just a good lad. He could have had four or five easily, I’m sure he’ll score the goals.”
Everton manager Roberto Martinez on Ross Barkley reaching 100 appearances for the Toffees:
“Ross is in a very good moment of form.
“He has a real good mindset and it is incredible he has already reached that landmark – 100 games is an incredible figure. I see Ross as a very enthusiastic footballer who wants to get better and he hasn’t fulfilled his potential yet.”
Everton are unbeaten away from Goodison Park so far this season but I think they will find things tough on Monday night against a West Brom team that are on the up. Tony Pulis has a few new players in his squad and they are getting used to the way his teams play, and seeing that it works.
- Three of the last four meetings between the sides have been a draw.
- West Brom have won just one of the last four home matches against Everton (D1, L2).
- West Brom are yet to win at home this season (D1, L2).
- Only Newcastle have scored fewer than West Brom’s tally of four league goals.
- Eleven of Saido Berahino’s 15 Premier League goals since the start of last season have been scored at the Hawthorns.
- Since Tony Pulis took charge last January, West Brom have kept 14 clean sheets in the Premier League, more than any other side.
- West Brom will be looking to keep their fourth consecutive top-flight clean sheet for the first time since March 1983.
- Everton are unbeaten away from home in the league this season (W1, D2) and also won away at Barnsley and Reading in the Capital One Cup.
- They have kept three successive clean sheets away from home in the Premier League. The last time they had four in a row was back in August 1995, when they had a five-game run.
- However, they have failed to score in three of their last four Premier League games.
- Ross Barkley has had a hand in five goals (two goals, three assists) in his six Premier League appearances this season. Last season, he had a hand in four goals in 29 appearances.
- Everton’s next three league fixtures are against Liverpool (h), Man Utd (h) and Arsenal (a).
Source: BBC Football Read Original Article: West Bromwich Albion v Everton