Man Utd v VfL Wolfsburg
- KO 19:45
Champions League Group B
- Venue: Old Trafford
- Date: Wednesday, 30 September
- Kick-off: 19:45 BST
Coverage: Live text coverage on the BBC Sport website and coverage on BBC Radio 5 live
Manchester United will be without midfielder Michael Carrick who missed the last training session before facing Wolfsburg in the Champions League.
Fellow midfielder Ander Herrera and winger Antonio Valencia are doubtful for the game with minor injuries.
Defender Paddy McNair could return after he recovered from an injury that sidelined him for the last two games.
Wolfsburg will be without midfielder Luiz Gustavo who has a knee injury, while centre-back Robin Knoche is out.
Winger Vieirinha and goalkeeper Koen Casteels are both doubtful after missing the Wolves’ last five games.
United’s first group game saw a defeat for Louis van Gaal’s side,
despite being 1-0 up.
Bundesliga outfit Wolfsburg are currently fourth in their league, but suffered a heavy
They defeated Russian side CSKA Moscow in their opening Group B game.
- No German team has kept a clean sheet in their last 16 Champions League games against Manchester United.
- Bayern Munich were the last German team to beat Manchester United at Old Trafford in the Champions League (April 2001).
- Have only lost four of their last 65 Champions League games at Old Trafford (won 46, drawn 15)
- Have never lost their first two games of a Champions League campaign.
- Striker Anthony Martial has yet to score in the Champions League (505 minutes).
- Have lost all three of their trips to England in European competition, conceding eight goals in the process.
- Have only failed to score once in seven Champions League group games.
- Striker Julian Draxler had three shots in the first group game against CSKA Moscow. All three were on target including the only goal of the game.
Source: BBC Football Read Original Article: Manchester United v VfL Wolfsburg