- Venue: Griffin Park
- Date: Tuesday 29 September
- Kick-off: 19:45 BST
Coverage: Listen on BBC Radio 5 live and BBC local radio; text commentary on the BBC Sport website
Akaki Gogia (thigh), Philipp Hofmann (abdominal) and Maxime Colin (knee) are all missing for Lee Carsley’s first game in charge of Brentford.
James Tarkowski is suspended and this could force Carsley to look to some of his Under-21 players to fill the gaps.
Clayton Donaldson (hip) and Andrew Shinnie (hamstring) are rated no better than a 50-50 chance for Birmingham.
Neal Eardley’s shoulder rules him out of a game that was postponed in August so Brentford could relay their pitch.
- Brentford have gone nine league games without keeping a clean sheet against the Blues, winning once in that run (D3 L5).
- Birmingham are unbeaten in each of their last six trips to Brentford in league competition, winning three (D3).
- The Bees have yet to keep a clean sheet in the league this season, though they’ve also scored in all but one of their eight games so far.
- The Blues are unbeaten in five away games in league competition (W3 D2), this after failing to win any of their previous nine on the road.
- Clayton Donaldson has been involved in seven of Birmingham’s 12 goals this season (3 goals, 4 assists).
Source: BBC Football Read Original Article: Brentford v Birmingham City